Founded in 2009 by two New Jersey physicians who recognized the inherent need for a community-based long-term care option for Salem County residents, Salem County Adult Day Care offers comprehensive, high-quality, compassionate, person-centered care for medically-needy adults 18 years of age and older, who require assistance with chronic health conditions, activities of daily living (ADLs), or both.
Operating under the philosophy that "every individual is entitled to move towards their potential as a human being", Salem County Adult Day Care strives to promote the highest level of independence possible for our clients. The facility itself has been uniquely designed and customized to provide the highest quality of adult medical day care services and assistance to aging adults with medical and functional issues.
Our program offers eligible Salem County New Jersey residents much-needed daily health/wellness supports within a secure environment, in which licensed nursing supervision and care, board-certified social services, licensed nutritional consultation and care, certified therapeutic recreational activities programming, in-house physical and occupational therapy, medical transportation, assistance with activities of daily living (such as showering/bathing), and two nutritionally balanced meals (breakfast and lunch) are offered/provided.
Our program service offerings are designed with the overall goal of assisting our clients to maintain their optimal level of health, wellness, and functioning by helping to restore or maintain the independence and the level of functioning of each client whilst likewise enriching the quality of their lives.
“Caring Hands / Caring Hearts”
The program will serve medically needy adult participants who are referred by a physician and who meet the admission eligibility criteria as established by facility policy and state regulations.
The target population will be adults who are challenged by a variety of medical conditions and may require support to address their medical issues or assistance with daily living. While each participant will have specific treatment goals as established in an individual plan of care, general program objectives include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To treat each participant as an individual with dignity and respect
• To foster independence and a sense of self-respect in each participant
• To assist each participant to live as independently as possible in the least-restrictive environment
• To help each participant improve or at least maintain their level of functioning as much as possible.
• To provide a safe, comfortable, and positive daily experience for each participant.
• To be culturally sensitive to different cultural groups that may be served
• To serve as a support system for each participant, some of whom may have little family support
• To expose each participant to new information, to increase self-care skills and to promote an increased leisure repertoire